Lynn Canavan, M.D.
Lynn Canavan, M.D. is board-certified by The American Board of Surgery (1996; recertified 2003) and further certified in breast ultrasound by The American Society of Breast Surgeons (2003). Dr. Canavan is certified in breast sonography and stereotactic biopsy. She is the director of breast surgical oncology at Baylor
Regional Medical Center at Plano. She is dedicated to offering her patients the latest, most advanced options for breast surgery and the treatment of breast cancer. A member of the Association of Women Surgeons, she is able to provide a woman's understanding as well as a doctor's expertise in this emotional and very personal field.
Dr. Canavan has been in private practice in Texas since 1995. She earned her medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha in 1990 after graduating with a B.S. in Biology from the University of Nebraska—Lincoln. She went on to complete residency training in general surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center/Parkland Hospital in Dallas.
Dr. Canavan's professional memberships include:
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Association of Women Surgeons
- The American Society of Breast Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Collin–Fannin Medical Society
- Parkland Surgical Society
Her hospital affiliations include:
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at McKinney (Opening Summer 2012)
- Baylor Medical Center at Frisco
- Medical Center of McKinney
- Presbyterian Hospital of Allen
- Centennial Medical Center Frisco
- Medical Center of Plano
- Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- Surgery Centre at Craig Ranch
- Hospital at Craig Ranch
» Read an interview with Dr. Canavan in Southern Vanity Magazine on our Media page.